Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's never too late

Hello dearest readers!

It's been a month and a half since my last post. Actually I was really enjoying my semester breaks until I forgotten about posting on my blog. Anyhow, what's up with you guys? Any awesome stories to tell? Well, I just got back from home last Monday. Still feeling a little bit home sicked but am trying to overcome it cause next month my dearest family is coming here to Kuching for a short vacation. I can't wait! :)

Oh yes, last Saturday [11th June] my family was having a Kaamatan gathering and it was utterly fun! Well, a lot of family members didn't make it on the day but it was still crowded with those who came. We had tones of prizes given away that day such as lucky draws, Sumazau competition,  Sugandoi competition, Piboian Tanak Vagu Tavantang and more. At first I wasn't planning on joining anything cause I'm not the type who loves to join competition but then during our last night of preparation [friday night], I was asked by one of my aunty to join the "Piboian Mambasa do Kadazan". That is reading in Kadazan. I know it sounds childish but my aunt beg us to join cause there were not many under 12 years old kid in our family as all of them were still under 5 years of age so I also brought all my cousins to join and the list was finally filled. During the competiton, lots of names were called but all the boys were guntalou and I was the first person to go and speak. My oh myyyy. I thought the text that we were given was a simple text but 70% of what I'm reading, I can't even understand. Lol. And I'm not saying that I can't speak Kadazan cause I was taught to speak when I was still a baby. Cilaka I thought. It was really hard and so did my other cousins thought. After that I wasn't confident that I can win the first prize. Tapi biarla, at least I had fun doing it. Sometimes after, the winner was announced and guess what............ I came last!!!!!! Hahahaaa. And all those I had forced to join came in front of me. So very the funny la. lol. Here are some pic of mua :)




Else than that, I was also asked by my dad to join the Sumazau competition alongside my cousins again. I was planning on to pair up with my lil bro but dearest aunty said we cannot so was paired up with my dearest first cousin, Al. And Al's big sister, Zila got paired up with my lil brother. lol. Fair enough I guess. While dearest aunty kici, Wanda was paired with this guy named Adam. We danced to the fullest cause we wanna win so badly. We only danced for about 5 minutes but my thigh already begins to hurt! That's why I should probably dance more often. *wink* ~ Well, after the result was announced, well I was really HAPPY cause my team won 3rd place. Woohoo! My lil brother and Zila won 2nd while Wanda and her partner took the 1st place. Weeee ~




Okay, so tones of things were organized on that day but if I wanna start rambling all of it maybe tahun depan baru saya abis crita. lol. I just included the competition that I've joined. Maybe if I have the time then I'll post about it. Well, here are some pictures that I would like to share with you guys out there. So, I gotta go now. Feeling sleepy already. Take care people. See you soon. With love. Jill.


















KOTOBIAN TADAU TAGAZO DO KAAMATAN 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...